Information Sector Shows Employment Gains; Nevada Leads the Country in Job Growth, According to TriNet’s SMBeat March Report
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. – April 2, 2015 – TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading cloud-based provider of HR services, today announced the findings of its March 2015 SMBeat, a monthly analysis of small to medium-sized business (SMB) employment and human capital economic indicators. March’s report focuses on geographic and industry trends on a national scale, showing increased employment stability and positive growth in major industries.
For the second month in a row, Nevada’s employment index had a 1.9% increase, higher than all other states in the TriNet population. Oklahoma City had no change in the index, after seeing their value decrease last month. Across metro areas analyzed, Boston had the best month-over-month improvement.
The information industry had the best month-over month gain in March, taking the lead from the construction industry, which topped all analyzed industries last month. The business and professional services sector also performed well this month.
Below are the key findings of the March 2015 TriNet SMBeat Report. All data related to employment growth and losses are sourced from TriNet’s population of more than 10,000 clients and approximately 288,000 worksite employees in the U.S. This month’s report results:
- The TriNet SMBeat employment index increased 1.1% from 185 to 187. Additionally, the index is up 13% compared to the same time last year. The hiring rate index is the same as last month, staying at 69.
- The termination rate index decreased in March, with voluntary terminations down by 2.2% and involuntary terminations 2.7% lower than last month.
- Nevada saw good gains in March with a month-over-month increase of 1.9%, moving the index value to 163. In contrast, Oklahoma’s employment index decreased this month to 84.
- The Oklahoma City metro area had no change this month, with an index value of 80, while the Boston, MA metro area had a month-over-month gain of 1.7% that moved the index value to 352.
- The information sector enjoyed the highest month-over-month gain of 2.1% this month, bringing that employment index value to 624.
- The business and professional services sector increased by 1.4% this month, moving the index to 286. The construction industry continued its growth trend with a 1.2% gain, for an index of 87.
For additional details and to receive monthly SMBeat alerts, visit TriNet.com/smbeat.
For current HR news, visit the TriNet Blog: http://www.trinet.com/blog/
About TriNetTriNet is a leading provider of a comprehensive human resources solution for small to medium-sized businesses, or SMBs. We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their human resources, or HR, function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our HR solution includes services such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers compensation insurance. Our services are delivered by our expert team of HR professionals and enabled by our proprietary, cloud-based technology platform, which allows our clients and their employees to efficiently conduct their HR transactions anytime and anywhere. For more information, please visit http://www.trinet.com.
Media Contacts:Jock Breitwieser
TriNet, Ambitions Realized and the TriNet logo are registered trademarks of TriNet. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
 As of December 31, 2014. Data is sourced from full-time and salaried employees of TriNet’s clients, which we refer to as worksite employees.
Latest Press Releases
April 29, 2019
9% Growth in GAAP Total Revenues and 14% Growth in Net Service Revenues for the First Quarter; 17% Growth in GAAP Net Income and 20% Growth in Adjusted Net Income for the First Quarter
April 15, 2019
TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading provider of full-service HR solutions for small and medium size businesses (SMBs), today announced it will release financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019 after U.S. market hours on Monday, April 29, 2019.
April 9, 2019
TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading provider of full-service HR solutions for small and medium size businesses (SMBs), today announced the launch of “People Matter,” a new ad campaign recognizing its customers—the hardworking, intrepid, unseen force behind the U.S. economy—small and medium size businesses.