Small Business in Retail and Wholesale Up 27% for This Holiday Season Compared to 2012
Tweet This: TriNet reports retail and wholesale hiring up 27% in November compared to last year http://bit.ly/1g80SfW
Key findings -sourced from TriNet’s more than 8,000 customers and over 220,000 worksite employees in the U.S.
- Compared to November 2012, November 2013 retail and wholesale hiring is up 27%.
- Retail and wholesale terminations this November are down 19% as compared to November last year.
- California was the only state that went against the national growth trend in retail and wholesale sectors, with net job losses at -1.32%.
- In the technology sector, national net job growth increased, moving from 1.23% last month to 1.93%.
- Regionally, the Silicon Valley tech sector continued to close the job creation gap with other tech hubs across the country as net job growth jumped to 2.23%. Silicon Valley outpaced the net job growth of Denver-Boulder (0.55%), Atlanta (1.36%), and Los Angeles (1.55%).
- Only the New York Metro area outperformed Silicon Valley in the tech sector. Net job growth in the New York Metro tech sector rebounded from 0.50% in October and jumped to 2.45% in November.
In addition to the strong growth in the retail, wholesale and tech verticals, the TriNet population as a whole, comprising over 220,000 employees of small businesses, experienced a net job growth of 1.32%, nearly doubling from October’s growth of 0.71%.
TriNet is a trusted strategic HR partner to small businesses, providing critical HR-related services on an outsourced basis. TriNet's solutions help contain costs, minimize employer-related risks, and relieve administrative burden to keep an entrepreneur's focus on their core business functions. From employee benefits and payroll processing to high-level human capital consulting, TriNet's Professional Employer Organization (PEO) expertise and best in class systems relieve clients of many of the day to day administrative burdens that distract them from building and growing their businesses. TriNet serves small and medium-sized companies in a broad range of verticals such as biotech, consulting, financial services, food services, hospitality, not-for-profit, technology and many others, who recognize that top-quality employees are the most critical competitive asset. For more information, please visit http://www.trinet.com.
Jock Breitwieser Michelle Sieling
TriNet Bond PR
(510) 875-7250 (415) 349-7434
TriNet, Ambitions Realized and the TriNet logo are registered trademarks of TriNet. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Latest Press Releases
October 30, 2019
TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading provider of full-service HR solutions for small and medium size businesses (SMBs), today announced that Richard Beckert, Chief Financial Officer, will be presenting at the J.P. Morgan Ultimate Services Investor Conference in New York, NY on Wednesday, November 13th, 2019 at 8:15 am PT (11:15 am ET).
October 24, 2019
TriNet Group, Inc. (NYSE: TNET), a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses, today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019.
October 17, 2019
With the 2020 open enrollment period for health care plans fast approaching, TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading provider of full-service HR solutions for small and medium size businesses (SMBs), today announced enhancements to its benefits offering for TriNet customers.