Information Sector’s Strong Growth Trend Continues for Fourth Month; Arizona has Highest Month-over-Month Job Growth
TriNet releases SMBeat employment report for June
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. – July 15, 2015 – TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading cloud-based provider of HR services, today announced the findings of its June 2015 SMBeat®, a monthly analysis of small and midsize business (SMB) employment and human capital economic indicators. June’s report focuses on geographic and industry trends on a national scale, showing increased employment stability and positive growth in major industries.
This month, the state of Arizona improved the most, compared to other selected states across the TriNet population, with an employment index of 160 - a 1.9% gain over last month. For the second month in a row, Boston had the highest month-over-month gain compared to other selected metropolitan areas, increasing by 1.9% in June. Also for the second month, Oklahoma held at an index value of 83, making it the least improved state in both May and June.
For the fourth month in a row, the information technology sector had the strongest month-over-month gain with 2%. The professional and business services and construction sectors also performed well in June, increasing 1.4% and 1.1%, respectively.
Below are the key findings of the June 2015 TriNet SMBeat Report. All data related to employment growth and losses are sourced from TriNet’s population of more than 11,000 clients and over 288,000 worksite employees in the U.S. This month’s report results:
- This month, the TriNet SMBeat employment index increased 0.5% from 191 to 192. Additionally, the index is up 12% compared to the same time last year. The hiring rate index decreased this month, moving from 68 to 67.
- The termination rate index is unchanged this month. Additionally, voluntary terminations are the same as last month, remaining at 93. The involuntary termination index is down this month, moving 5.3% from 38 to 36.
- Arizona had good gains in June with a month-over-month increase of 1.9% - moving the index value to 160. Oklahoma decreased this month to an index value of 83.
- The Boston metro area had a month-over-month gain of 1.9% - moving the index value to 379.
- The information sector enjoyed the highest month-over-month gain of 2% in June, bringing the employment index value to 669 in June.
- The professional and business services and construction sectors performed well this month increasing by 1.4% and 1.1% - moving the indices to 295 and 88, respectively.
For additional details and to receive monthly SMBeat alerts, visit TriNet.com/smbeat.
For current HR news, visit the TriNet Blog: http://www.trinet.com/blog/
TriNet is a leading provider of a comprehensive human resources solution for small to medium-sized businesses, or SMBs. We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their human resources, or HR, function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our HR solution includes services such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers compensation insurance. Our services are delivered by our expert team of HR professionals and enabled by our proprietary, cloud-based technology platform, which allows our clients and their employees to efficiently conduct their HR transactions anytime and anywhere. For more information, please visit http://www.trinet.com.
TriNet, Ambitions Realized and the TriNet logo are registered trademarks of TriNet. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
 As of March 31, 2015. Data is sourced from full-time and salaried employees of TriNet’s clients, which we refer to as worksite employees.
Latest Press Releases
January 15, 2020
TriNet today announced that Shawn Guertin, prominent healthcare insurance executive, has been appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors.
January 15, 2020
TriNet today announced that Dr. Jacqueline Kosecoff, healthcare executive and industry veteran, has been appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors.
December 19, 2019
TriNet today announced that Katherine August-deWilde, a member of TriNet’s Board of Directors and Chair of the Compensation Committee, has been recognized as part of WomenInc.’s 2019 list of Most Influential Corporate Board Directors.