Major Industries Show Employment Gains; Nevada Continues to Lead the Country in Job Growth, According to TriNet’s SMBeat April Report
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. – May 11, 2015 – TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading cloud-based provider of HR services, today announced the findings of its April 2015 SMBeat, a monthly analysis of small to medium-sized business (SMB) employment and human capital economic indicators. April’s report focuses on geographic and industry trends on a national scale, showing increased employment stability and positive growth in major industries.
For the third month in a row, Nevada’s employment index increased, moving the index value in April 2.2% to 190. This month-over-month increase is 0.3% higher than the month-over-month increase reported in March. For the second month in a row, Boston had the best month-over-month improvement across all metro areas analyzed. The state of Oklahoma and the Bridgeport, Conn. metro area are the geographic regions in the report with the biggest declines.
For the second month in a row, the information sector had the best month-over month gain. The professional and business services and construction sectors also performed well in April.
Below are the key findings of the April 2015 TriNet SMBeat Report. All data related to employment growth and losses are sourced from TriNet’s population of more than 11,000 clients and approximately 289,000 worksite employees in the U.S. This month’s report results:
- The employment index increased 0.5% from 187 to 188. Additionally, the index is up 12% compared to the same time last year. The hiring rate index decreased this month from 69 to 68.
- The termination rate index decreased in April, from 56 to 55. Similarly, voluntary terminations decreased this month, with the index moving 2.2% from 90 to 88. The involuntary termination index is down 2.7% this month, from 37 to 36.
- Nevada had good gains in April with a month-over-month increase of 2.2%, moving the index value to 190. For the second month in a row, Oklahoma’s employment index decreased, for an index value of 84.
- The Boston metro area had a month-over-month gain of 1.7%, moving the index value to 365. The Bridgeport, Conn. metro area decreased this month, with an index value of 266.
- For the second month in a row, the information sector enjoyed the highest month-over-month gain of 2.1%, bringing the employment index value to 640 in April.
- The professional and business services and construction sectors also performed well this month, increasing by 1.4% and 1.2%, moving the indices to 292 and 87, respectively.
For additional details and to receive monthly SMBeat alerts, visit TriNet.com/smbeat.
For current HR news, visit the TriNet Blog: http://www.trinet.com/blog/
TriNet is a leading provider of a comprehensive human resources solution for small to medium-sized businesses, or SMBs. We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their human resources, or HR, function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our HR solution includes services such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers compensation insurance. Our services are delivered by our expert team of HR professionals and enabled by our proprietary, cloud-based technology platform, which allows our clients and their employees to efficiently conduct their HR transactions anytime and anywhere. For more information, please visit http://www.trinet.com.
Media Contacts:Jock Breitwieser
TriNet, Ambitions Realized and the TriNet logo are registered trademarks of TriNet. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
 As of March 31, 2014. Data is sourced from full-time and salaried employees of TriNet’s clients, which we refer to as worksite employees.
Latest Press Releases
April 29, 2019
9% Growth in GAAP Total Revenues and 14% Growth in Net Service Revenues for the First Quarter; 17% Growth in GAAP Net Income and 20% Growth in Adjusted Net Income for the First Quarter
April 15, 2019
TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading provider of full-service HR solutions for small and medium size businesses (SMBs), today announced it will release financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019 after U.S. market hours on Monday, April 29, 2019.
April 9, 2019
TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading provider of full-service HR solutions for small and medium size businesses (SMBs), today announced the launch of “People Matter,” a new ad campaign recognizing its customers—the hardworking, intrepid, unseen force behind the U.S. economy—small and medium size businesses.