It's fast and easy
You’ll be rewarded based on the company’s size.
1 to 19 worksite employees
20 to 49 worksite employees
50 to 99 worksite employees
100+ worksite employees
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I participate in the TriNet Referral Program?arrow_drop_down
Making a referral to TriNet is easy. You can do it one of two ways:
- Submit your referral online at trinet.com/referrals, and we'll contact your referral directly.
- Provide the referral information to your TriNet Account Team, and they will process the referral on your behalf
- What kind of company makes a good referral?arrow_drop_down
A good referral lead is a C-level contact (CEO, CFO, etc.) who is an owner, founder or financial decision maker at his or her company. Ideally, the company is small to medium in size, and specializes in one of the following industries: Technology, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Nonprofit, Consulting, Marketing, Advertising, Retail/Wholesale, Manufacturing, Architecture or Engineering.
If you’re not sure which industry your referral specializes in, submit it anyway. We’ll be glad to call and verify the industry. Finally, we would like to reference you by name when we contact your referral.
- How and when do I receive payment on referrals?arrow_drop_down
TriNet referral rewards are paid by check (or as an invoice credit for current TriNet clients) 90 days after the new client’s initial payroll.
- I have additional questions on the program, or I’m having trouble submitting my referral. Who should I contact?arrow_drop_down
- Terms and Conditionsarrow_drop_down
Last updated: February 5, 2018
To be eligible for the Program a Participant must:
Provide all the details for a Qualified Referral in the Referral Form;
- Be an individual over 18 years old and a resident of the United States. Quota carrying members of the TriNet sales team, any Vice President or above level corporate employee of TriNet, any member of the board of any TriNet company, including any such person’s immediate family and household members, are not eligible to participate;
- Not have an already existing referral relationship with TriNet;
- Not be a broker, channel or alliance partner of TriNet;
- Not be an employee of, or part of the decision-making process at, the company they refer;
All participants in any other TriNet referral program relating to TriNet products and services are ineligible to participate in the Program. Individuals may not participate in the Program where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulation. TriNet reserves the right to disqualify any Participant that it determines, in its sole discretion, is ineligible to participate or TriNet otherwise does not wish for the Participant to participate.
DEFINITION OF A QUALIFIED REFERRAL
A Qualified Referral must meet the following criteria:
- The information submitted on the Referral Form must be accurate;
- The referral cannot be an Active Lead or an Existing TriNet Client. An Active Lead is defined as either a company or individual contacted by TriNet within the preceding 90 calendar days. An Existing TriNet Client is defined as any company or organization that currently receives services from TriNet.
- Participant must have a personal relationship with the referral. In other words, Participant may not acquire referrals through unsolicited e-mail to persons unknown to them, and may not submit referrals based on email lists or other similar harvested consumer lists;
- The referral must be located within the United States, and only WSEs located within the United States will count toward the award.
- The referral cannot be a Spin-off. A Spin-off is defined as an entity that has less than 25% net new WSE’s from an Existing TriNet Client.
- Former TriNet Clients are not eligible to be a referral.
- Referral must work in an industry that TriNet services.
- The referral cannot be working with a broker, channel or alliance partner.
- The referral must have given the Participant express written consent to provide their details to TriNet, and to have TriNet contact them.
- The referral cannot be for the following products: TriNet Learning Management; TriNet Expense Management, TriNet Performance Management and TriNet Applicant Tracking (collectively, “Cloud Services”).
TriNet has the right to set an annual limit, in its sole discretion, on the number of Qualified Referrals earned by a single Participant.
REWARDS FOR QUALIFIED REFERRALS
If a Qualified Referral acquires professional employer services from TriNet (a “TriNet Client”) within 90 days of the referral, and remains a TriNet Client for more than 90 days, a Cash Reward will be paid to the Participant. The Cash Reward amount is based on the TriNet Client’s number of Work Site Employees (“WSE”) paid on the first payroll with TriNet as outlined in the Referral Cash Reward Table below. Cash Rewards are processed at least 90 days after the TriNet Client’s first payroll.
REFERRAL CASH REWARD TABLE
Number of Work Site Employees on TriNet Payroll Cash Reward 1-19 $500 20-49 $1,000 50-99 $2,500 100+ $5,000
The Cash Reward will be issued in the form of a check.
A TriNet Client Services Associate who receives and/or inputs a referral on behalf of a current TriNet client is not eligible to receive a Cash Reward. TriNet reserves the right to disqualify any Participant that it determines, in its sole discretion, is ineligible to participate in the program. TriNet has complete discretion as to who it will do business with and on what terms including, without limitation, whether to accept a referral as a customer. TriNet is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed referrals.
PROGRAM CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, TriNet may at any time, without prior notice, terminate or modify the Program or these Terms, or both. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program; eligibility for or award of Cash Rewards, or both; or interpretation of these Terms will be resolved by TriNet in its sole discretion. TriNet reserves the right to void Cash Rewards earned if it suspects that such Cash Rewards were earned in a fraudulent manner, in a manner that violates applicable law or these Terms or in a manner otherwise not intended by TriNet.
Cash Rewards under the Program are subject to applicable federal, state and/or local taxes. Upon TriNet’s determination that the Participant should receive Cash Rewards, TriNet may contact the Participant to request a completed IRS Form W-9. To the extent permitted by applicable law, if the Participant does not respond to a request from TriNet to complete a Form W-9 or otherwise indicate a referral payment preference within 180 days of such request, TriNet reserves the right to rescind Participants’ Cash Reward. TriNet will report earnings under this Program to the extent required by applicable law. Cash Rewards earned through this Program may be subject to taxation and will be reflected on the Form W-2 for TriNet corporate employees and on IRS Form 1099 for all other Participants.
By submitting the Referral Form, Participant consents to receive electronic communications from TriNet including advertising and marketing materials.
The laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, will govern the Program and its Terms. Any causes of action arising out of or connected with Participant’s use of the Program or its Terms will be resolved exclusively by arbitration in the city of the TriNet office closest to the home of the Participant in accordance with rules and processes of either the American Arbitration Association or Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc.
In no event shall TriNet be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, regardless of the type of claim or legal theory asserted, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) the Program; (ii) the use of or inability to use the site or any materials, or (iii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the site or any materials.